Last week the government announced, with the presence of several Government Authorities, including the Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Tourism and the President of the Republic, the new measures for the reopening of the international air travel and the tourism business were announced. The most important ones, and what we know so far is:
Airports are reopening as of August 2nd.
Countries allowed for foreign travel:
- United Kingdom.
- The European Union.
Important Notes: There will be less than five flights per week allowed from these destinations.
Both Juan Santamaria and Daniel Oduber Airports will be open to international travel.
The United States is not in that list of flights allowed into the country.
The borders with Panama and Nicaragua will remain closed until further notice.
Rules to comply with for tourists who enter Costa Rica:
- Any foreign traveler entering Costa Rica must comply with the local health protocols by the Ministry of Health. Mostly social distancing, facemasks and the restrictions within the country.
- Complete a COVID test 48 hours prior to travel to Costa Rica, that shows a negative result, and show it as proof.
- Complete a digital epidemiology form.
- All tourist must acquire a travel insurance that covers medical care or travel costs, related to infection or quarantine.
Some good news is that Costa Rica was catalogued as a Safe Travel Destination, issued by the World Travel and Tourism Council.
With this measures, the Government is expecting a boost in tourism for the affected industry, and starting on August 1st, these will be new the measures for those counties with a yellow alert.
- Municipalities with beaches that are on a yellow alert, may open until 2 pm.
- Municipalities on yellow alert, can have open door activities for tourism, such as hiking, surfing, canopy, and the sort.
- The health protocols established by the Ministry must be fulfilled, as well as the social distancing, and the social bubbles must be respected.
Please keep in mind this is an developing story, and once we have the official decree and more official information, we will send out an alert.
For any questions regarding immigration matters, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail, and we will help you as soon as possible: email@example.com.
written by https://www.facebook.com/alvaroaguil